Valentine's Day is a special time to celebrate love and appreciation, and FBOs are no exception. On this day, you can show your appreciation to visiting crew members by organizing special events and activities to make their stay memorable. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Treat Pilots to Breakfast: Start the day by treating visiting pilots to a delicious breakfast. Yes, most pilots like to grab that cup of coffee from your coffee station. But what if you elevate that experience with a continental breakfast buffet or serve them individually, a good meal is always appreciated. Make sure to include a variety of breakfast items to suit different tastes and dietary restrictions. Also, if a pilot waits for his/her meal to be delivered (ask them about their plans for lunch when they check in to get more details and prepare an accommodation) have them wait in the pilot’s lounge and offer to take it to them directly upon delivery to the front desk.
2. Giveaways: Pilots and other crew members love receiving freebies and souvenirs, and what better way to show appreciation than by giving them a special Valentine's Day gift? You can consider items like custom keychains, pens, or even a small box of chocolates.
3. Decorate the Terminal: Add a touch of Valentine's Day magic to the terminal by decorating it with balloons, hearts, and other festive decorations. This will create a warm and welcoming atmosphere that pilots are sure to appreciate.
4. Complimentary upgrades: If there are crew amenities or services you have available and you usually charge a fee for crew members, consider offering complimentary access for this day. That could be access to the gym, massage chair, bunk room for the night...think of the resources you have available and make sure to tailor those with the goal of having a nice gesture with your visiting crew members.
5. Aircraft services discounts: Offer a special discount or special deal to visiting pilots to show your appreciation. This could be a discount on fuel, a complimentary car rental, or even a discount on a hotel room for their layover.
Remember, the key to showing appreciation is to think about what pilots need and want, and to tailor your activities to their interests. Whether it's a warm meal, a special gift, or a fun activity, a little effort can go a long way in making a pilot's day. Valentine's Day is the perfect opportunity to show appreciation to visiting pilots and make their stay at your FBO unforgettable. By following the tips above, you can create a memorable experience that pilots will appreciate and remember for years to come.